- Content creators and broadcasters have multiple departments and systems producing live entertainment, programmes, promos, news, and sports, resulting in a complex ecosystem with multiple solutions from different vendors. Each area includes: ingest (video servers), routers and other devices for based-band acquisition or file based import.
- Production Environments: AVID Interplay, Quantel with media and metadata that needs to be exchanged automatically.
- NRCS: iNews, ENPS handling the rundowns and the related text information.
- Editing Environments: AVID, Adobe, Apple, Quantel, where media is edited and sent back to the MAM or published on different platforms.
- Alternative Production Systems: such as EVS where content is logged while ingested. Information is imported automatically as part of the ingested media.
These systems are continually sending high volumes of material downstream in parallel for both archive and packaging for delivery to non-linear, OTT and multi-channel playout services. This creates the following challenges:
- Each production system may use different formats and will be adding specific production metadata, which may need to be archived or shared automatically, performing all the required conversions in the background.
- Each production department requires easy, outside access to the library and archive to find, browse and retrieve additional material for production.
Each department may need to:
- Clear down projects after a production has finished.
- Temporarily store production WIP.
- Transfer material to post production teams using Adobe, Apple, Avid, Quantel, Grass Valley, etc.
Tedial’s solutions for broadcast and media production provide a unified enterprise workflow and MAM platform with increased benefits including:
- Predefined workflows to integrate different systems in the content production chain.
- Collaborative workflows to optimise content production.
- Working in low-res for rough-cut and QC to maximise the use of resources and reduce costs.
- Avoids bottlenecks and errors in the downstream workflow by automatically transcoding and/or re-wrapping material for archive and delivery.
- Improved media access across the business by automatically normalising material and metadata for archiving.
- Incoming production metadata can be stored and Enriched for new audiences driving content discovery.
- Automated fast turnaround packaging of material and metadata for non-linear, OTT and multi-channel playout.
- Tedial’s Tarsys search tools can also be used alongside third-party production systems to provide enterprise access to archive material.
- Users in production can check the availability and workflow status of media file directly from their Tedial desktop. Users can instantly see if media is being used in other workflows, when material was last used and if special restrictions or embargoes apply.
- For craft editing Tedial will automatically transfer material to post production teams using Adobe, Apple, Avid, Quantel, Grass Valley, etc.
- Edit in Place from Premiere Pro for content searching, browsing and delivering for archive or any other platform using a single tool.
- Media can be rapidly exchanged with other media partners during the production process – Link to MEP
Benefits in News
Tedial helps specialist news production departments integrate more efficiently with all areas of the business.
Tedial solutions are agnostic to the specific Newsroom Control System (NRCS) using integration with MOS protocol. Tedial works with iNews.
- Automatically managed workflow between the NRCS and the archive.
- Integration and managed workflow with post production departments, including material transfer, transcoding if required and project set up.
- Import Locators from the NRCS’ logging of the live feed, third-party tools or using Tarsys tools for deeper Enrichment.
- Find material from multiple sources outside the newsroom.
- Embargoed material, rights and censorship is managed by the Tedial Repositories.
- ENPS, iNews active X plug-in of Tarsys Media Tools and Browse.
Benefits in Sports:
Tedial helps specific sports production operations to integrate more efficiently with other business areas and to provide deep archive management.
Media, metadata and any other ancillary information can be automatically imported from the production environment using Tedial plugins and sports archive can be navigated to import any content needed for production.
Sports production systems from EVS, Avid and others are typically very good at the live production media lifecycle management and Tedial can further complement these systems by adding media delivery workflows, integrating other third-party systems or managing any other tasks such as driving automatic QC and content enrichment, which are not automatically in the scope of these systems.