What’s Tedial got in store for NAB 2018?
NAB 2018 is just around the corner and we have some very exciting news. You may already have read in last month’s blog that we’re launching SMARTLIVE our automated live sports solution, which will bring a major breakthrough in sports production, but what else is Tedial announcing at NAB?
We’re continuing our SMPTE IMF MAM leadership with new innovations for 2018. At NAB we’ll introduce our new IMF Markup Tool, a cost-effective cuts-only editor that keeps the simple versioning process out of specialized systems with expensive hardware such as Adobe Premiere, Avid, Clipster, etc. Designed for fast validation and fixing of IMF packages, this intuitive tool makes it easier for less technical staff to address up to 30 per cent of versioning requirements typically needed for distribution, saving the expensive systems for true EDL work. Integrated within Tedial workflows and supporting the Evolution Version Factory, the IMF Markup tool provides a near-line editor-like interface with industry-standard controls that features:
- An ability to rapidly spot-check and quality control Interoperable Master Packages (IMPs)
- Make dynamic editorial adjustments to picture, audio, or subtitles natively within the Evolution ecosystem
- Quickly and accurately update IMPs late in the digital supply chain
- Provide a web-based, proxy media-centric workflow that does not require specialized editorial systems
- Rapidly modify IMPs for unique delivery “on the fly” requirements of OTT providers
- Provide an interface for localized editorial preparation, including:
- Cuts-only editorial
- Addition of language audio tracks (2.0, 5.1): languages, music, effects, etc.
- Addition of subtitle tracks
- Add markers for automatic insertion of localized elements
- Identify & mark components requiring further downstream localization processing (i.e. blurs, repos, etc.)
The IMF Markup tool is perfect for audio/subtitle tracks alignment and the creation of new versions by simple cut editing on low resolution proxies. The system easily manages the adding/removing of audio tracks and subtitles, and most importantly, the IMF Markup tool can mark the IMF packages to prepare them for automatic insertion/localization of Open Credits, End Credits, pre-, mid-, and post-rolls, insertion of black slugs and color bars, etc. IMF markers are stored on the proxy where they can be managed by Evolution Version Factory for automated distribution—in other words, the IMF markers can be stored as “patterns” to be reused again and again to stitch thousands of different versions through the Version Factory workflow.
Additional 2018 Tedial IMF innovations include new user interfaces to allow more user control when adjusting package delivery to services like HULU, iTunes and Netflix, or international destinations where versioned media and international language track management requires series and episodic adjustments to automate the flow and provide faster, more efficient distribution.
Maintaining our leadership in IMF MAM systems, Tedial can show real financial savings from adopting HYPER IMF. Come and see us on booth N1420.