Tedial InBroadcast Feature – October 2022
MAM – Microservices and MoreBy Julian Fernandez-Campon, CTO Tedial Microservices are the enabler for a true cloud native deployment but in the M&E market, applications are complex, especially in relation to Media Asset Management, Workflow Orchestration and in general all the elements needed to build a content supply chain. With these kind of solutions, we can identify different applications, which play a different role, and are used by different groups of users:
- Administration tools – IAM (Identity and Access Management), platform configuration, etc.
- Operational Tools – Business process operation to complete all the tasks required for the content supply chain: Editing, QC, Validation, Distribution and all the workflow monitoring.
- Library access – For accessing the digital content for searching, browsing and triggering any of the operational workflows.
- Business Intelligence – To have all the metrics in dashboards to see how the platform is performing from different angles and take the correct decisions to optimize the operation.
- Independency and simplicity – Each application performs a specific task, and can be evolved at its own pace, also changes in one component will not affect the other applications.
- Low risk upgrades – Controlling the user groups and number of people that will be affected, minimizing the risks.
- Security – Independent applications can be secured and protected more efficiently, some of them can be deployed in an internal, highly secure network, whereas others that need external access can be deployed in a demilitarized zone (DMZ).