Tedial Improves Editorial Value and Efficiency with Smart Metadata Engine
In a world dominated by metadata, providing a strong and efficient metadata management solution is of paramount importance. At Tedial we have focused on providing solutions to enable our customers to produce better content, faster, more efficiently and effectively. As part of our award-winning Evolution MAM system, we’ve created a metadata service engine, agnostic to any data feed that allows operators to ingest different metadata sources and to aggregate and analyse these sources to provide a real editorial value to the production team.
- Video AI: Face recognition, sentiment analysis, object detection etc.
- Audio AI: Speech-to-text in partnership with Speechmatics’ automatic speech recognition technology
- External data sources from service providers such as StatsPerform
- Internal data sources from our own logging tools
- External data sources from service providers such as StatsPerform, MLB Gumbo feed or EVS IPDirector logging data
The combination of these sources allows our customers to reduce their costs using less staff to add a good level of metadata into their systems. Prior to using Tedial’s metadata service engine, these tasks were completed manually using dedicated staff for all logging. We’ve significantly increased automation in the metadata process using AI or external data sources providing more information than ever before. This means our customers can now use internal staff to focus on the important editorial aspect of the logging process.
At Tedial, we do not use AI for AIs sake. AI provides raw data that can be processed in a clever way only retaining relevant information that makes sense editorially. This is where a powerful metadata engine is key.
Tedial’s sophisticated metadata engine is platform agnostic using cloud, hybrid or on-premise storage and is data source agnostic, which allows it to quickly connect to our customers’ existing data environment.
Key benefits include:
- Increased automation with less staff used to ingest metadata, thereby reducing costs
- More metadata then before with a focus on which metadata has a real editorial value. This provides greater efficiency in production as producers and editors can find interesting highlights quicker for improved storytelling
- Allows customers to produce more content, grabbing the attention of viewers, fans and subscribers, thereby increasing revenues
Want to know more? Contact us for a meeting or demo